I <3 NY

Here I am in New York City for the summer. Check out What's going on!!!

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Fun Friday - When can I do it again!?!?!

OK, so here's what happened...


SO as you may have read already Conor was in town, so that already made it a GREAT weekend. I haven’t really done anything that great and exciting this week at all because I have been working the late shift and the housing conference desk. I start work at 1:00 in the afternoon and I don't get off when I close the office at 11:00PM. So there didn't leave much room for going out during the week. I did go out every now and then to the Heights with my roommate Nigel throughout the week. Him and I also just hung out at the flat during the week... it was a chill week outside of work.


Anywho...

I was able to get the evening off on Friday, thanks to my great co-worker, Erin ;-). That’s the day that Conor and I went on a date...

It was just suppose to be dinner and a movie, but it turned into an 11 hour date that started with lunch and a walk down to 96th street and in central park and down Madison ave on the east side

*~*~*~*~*~*~*SIDE NOTE - This part of the east side is where the RICH people live in NY, so it is where all the really expensive stores are. It was just really cool to do that. It made you feel like you were high society. HAHA, i don't know, it was just funny.

Ok... After walking from 116th street and to the other side of the island and down to 40something Street... we took the subway down to South Sea Port because I have never been and walked around the stores there. It was also interesting too because it is Fleet Week here in NYC currently and there are sailors ALL OVER MANHATTAN!!! Oh em gee!! So there were all these ships and stuff lined up all over the place and other boats... it was just really cool to see a bunch of stuff I would never normally see...especially in Boone. But we walked around there for a while and then eventually made our way back uptown a bit to go to dinner in Little Italy. At this point, i had NO IDEA where we were going to for dinner because he would not tell me... it was surprise, which of COURSE made it even more super exciting! He took me to dinner at this AMAZING restaurant off Mulberry and Grand... YUMM!! From there we headed up town to 66th and Broadway to see Madagascar. CUTE ASS MOVIE. And because it is about Animals from Central Park Zoo, there were a lot of jokes about New York in it, and I didn't get a lot of them, but Conor was there to explain them to me (But we can't all be from the Jersey side of the cesspool, right? ;-))... so it did make it more humorous. After that, we just came back to EC and visited some folks and PASSED OUT... it was a long day...but GREAT. Conor's a good tour guide.

There is nothing like a great date in NYC - a whole different expereice!!!

there happy now, that’s the story ;-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home